Choosing the right photographer to capture special moments during your first weeks with your precious little one is just so important. After all, your tiny newborn will only be this size for a short amount of time. Newborn photography is truly a specialist genre of photography, and there are some things you should absolutely consider when choosing the best photographer for your family.
Your photographer will know how to handle and pose your newborn baby gently and safely in the right studio environment.
You should be drawn to the photographs you like, and an experienced photographer will make sure your baby is comfortable and gently guided into the sleepy curled up positions.
A specialist newborn photographer will have had specific training and experience of photographing many newborns, not forgetting those that may have special needs.
When thinking about your budget, you should take into consideration the photographer’s level of experience, training and quality of photographs.
– Happy Clients
This is so important. An experienced photographer will have a track record of satisfied customers.
– The Experience
It should be more than just a photo session, you should expect a whole newborn experience. The whole experience should take place in a relaxed environment, and watching your newborn being photographed should become part of your happy memories of your newborn’s first few weeks.
So, what can you expect from a newborn photography experience with me?
– I’ll make sure that I get to know you and your partner before you come to the studio, which means that I can get to share the excitement of your pregnancy journey too.
– Your very special newborn session in my lovely and spacious, not to mention warm, studio at Cams Hall in Fareham.
– You’ll be assured of my qualifications – I’m a newborn photography specialist trained at the number one newborn photographer’s academy in the UK. I also have my licentiate qualification from the Master of Photographers’ Association.
– You can be guaranteed of expert care and handling of your newborn baby, and you’ll get to experience my amazing soothing and settling techniques. I’m often known as the Baby Whisperer!
– Years of experience, creative photography and artistic editing skills to create your treasured images.
– Personalisation of your newborn photography session for up to 2 hours.
– My gorgeous selection of blankets and props for you to choose from that we can use during your session.
– Chance for you to rest and relax in my comfy lounge area – with as much tea, coffee and cookies as you like.
– And once we’ve finished your session and you’ve chosen your treasured images, the highest quality products to display your gorgeous photographs in your home.
How does your newborn photography experience work?
Ideally, your newborn session should be when your little one is between 6-10 days old. When you’ve decided that you’d like to book me to take your baby’s photographs, we’ll arrange a ‘floating date’ in the diary. After all, we know that not too many little ones arrive on their due date! Once you’ve had your little one, you’ll let me know and we’ll book a convenient for you to come to my lovely studio. Before our session, I’ll share with you lots of information to make the most out of our time together.
You should expect your session to take around one to two hours. This will include photos of your family and any siblings that you’d like to include. You’ll then be invited back to spend time viewing your gorgeous photos. And once you’ve chosen your images, I’ll make sure that it’s produced on high quality products so that you can enjoy your treasured images at home forever.
What will you get from your time with me?
When you invest in your newborn photography session with me, you’ll be able to treasure wonderful memories of the first special days with your little one. Your session will include:
- Getting to know you before the session
- A professional photography session with your newborn
- Professional editing of your photographs
- In-person viewing session of your images
Not only that, but you’ll also receive a detailed product guide at the end of your newborn session. This is where we’ll create a special package based on your favourite products and the treasured images that you choose to keep.